Maximise your income
Short of getting a promotion or pay rise, it is likely that your main income is relatively fixed, however there may still be areas where you are missing out on additional income.
One common mistake is not collecting all benefits or tax credits that you and your family are entitled to. The simple Benefits Checker from www.turn2us.org.uk will help you work out how much you could claim.
Minimise your expenditure
Overpaying on your monthly bills is another common mistake. Ensuring you are getting the best deal on your monthly bills, such as utilities, food, travel etc, will leave you with more money left over to put towards clearing your debts. We advise you to take 5 minutes and use the links below to see if there are any areas where you can make a saving.
Price Comparison Services
5 Steps to Resolving a Debt Problem
- Carry out a Personal Financial Assessment
- Discuss your situation with your creditors
- Research which debt solutions may be suitable
- Speak to a charity / not-for-profit debt advice organisation
- Find the best value fee-charging debt company